|This is the YUMMY sauce and|
|These are the Smokies!!|
These are must haves in the Blackburn home. These bad boys are so simple to make they are unbelievable. Partner with the sauce and you have a great entertainment appetizer.
Basically, the Brown Sugar Smokies are bacon wrapped mini sausages that are wrapped in a quarter slice of bacon and coated with brown sugar. The sauce also has 3 simple ingredients of mayo, brown sugar and bottled bbq sauce. Yep, it really is that simple!
So, here we go!:
1 pound bacon
1 (16 ounce) package little smokie sausages
1 cup brown sugar, or to taste
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2) Cut bacon into thirds and wrap each strip around a little sausage.
3) Place the wrapped sausages on wooden skewers, several to a skewer.
4) Arrange the skewers on a baking sheet and sprinkle them liberally with brown sugar.5) Bake about 30 minutes or until bacon is crisp and the brown sugar melted.
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup barbeque sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1) Stir together mayonnaise, barbeque sauce, and brown sugar in a small bowl until the brown sugar has dissolved. Chill while smokies bake!