Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Drunken Crab Pot


Adapted: Food Network and Emeril Lagasse

Every New Year's Eve, I celebrate with my family by going whole hog on dinner. Dinner is usually some kind of filet with seafood. This year, I found a recipe for a drunken crab pot and I knew it was for me.

Now, I had grabbed crab claws instead of the crab legs that the recipe called for and I will never make that mistake again. I also added shrimp and those lil morsels were T-A-S-T-Y! I will make this again. It was simple, quick and enjoyed by my boys.

Make sure your crab legs are split and don't overcook!

So, here we go!:

Ingredients
 
2 bottles premium ale ( I used Sierra Nevada)
2 lemons, cut into quarters
5 garlic cloves, peeled and split in half
2 pounds crab legs, split (or a combination of 1 lb crab legs and 1 lb shrimp)
1 t. Old Bay Seasoning
Drawn butter, for serving
Lemon Wedges

Directions

1) In a very large pot, place beer and Old Bay Seasoning and bring to a boil. Place strainer in pot.

2) On top of strainer, place crab legs,shrimp,  lemons and garlic.

3) Steam for NO MORE than 5 minutes. Shrimp will be pink.



No comments:

Post a Comment