Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Mozzarella Chicken




Adapted: Kay Robertson


So, here is another simple, simple yet tasty recipe from Kay Robertson's new cookbook, Duck Commander Kitchen. This recipe went into the oven so quick after a very busy day in the Blackburn house. My husband thoroughly enjoyed it. It reminded me of a Chicken Parmesan without the crust.  I do have to add that there is no salt in this recipe. I enjoyed that, but if you don't, simply add one teaspoon of salt to the tomato mixture.

I partnered it with garlic bread, salad and angel hair pasta coated with olive oil and a VERY small amount of crushed red pepper. Ohhhhh, so tasty!

I loved the freshness of the tomato flavor in the sauce, but I did tweak the seasonings in the sauce as it seemed it could have been pretty flavorless.  I also increased the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.

So, here we go:

Ingredients:

2 T. butter
1/2 t. garlic powder
4 small boneless/skinless chicken breasts
2 cups diced tomatoes
1/2 T. Italian seasoning
2.5 cups Mozzarella cheese
3 T. grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees

2) In a skillet, melt butter with garlic powder. Add chicken and brown for 2 minutes each side. Place in a 9x13 prepared pan.

3) In a blender, puree the tomatoes and Italian seasoning until smooth. Pour over chicken.

4) Top with cheeses and cover with foil. Bake in oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 10 minutes more until cheese is browned.

5) Serve over pasta.  


No comments:

Post a Comment