Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Monday, January 13, 2014

Smothered Filet Mignon







Every New Years Eve I prepare some type of filet for my family to celebrate the upcoming New Year. I was going to make my standard dish when I found this one. This is a restaurant quality dish that is super easy to prepare at home. 

I partnered with my garlic roasted mashed potatoes and just a simple veggie trio. Can't forget my Drunken Crab Pot for that surf and turf feeling.

So, here we go:

Ingredients:

4 (6 ounce) filet mignon steaks
seasoned salt to taste
cracked black pepper to taste
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons dried rosemary
1 tablespoon butter
2 cups onion slices
6 slices bacon, chopped
1 teaspoon white sugar
4 ounces blue cheese,
crumbled

Directions:
1) In a small bowl, combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, dried rosemary.
2) Salt and pepper steaks and place in a glass 9x13 pan. Pour marinade over steaks and allow to sit for one hour.
3) Prepare grill. Grill steaks to desired doneness.
4) While steaks are grilling, prepare onions by melting butter in pan. Add onions and bacon. Fry until soft and translucent.
5) Remove steaks from grill and top with onion/bacon mixture. Top with blue cheese and place under broiler until cheese melts to desired doneness.

No comments:

Post a Comment