Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Cooking with Fire: Techniques and Recipes for the Firepit; Smoker; Fireplace; Tandoor or Wood-fired Cooking by Paula Marcoux






Book: Cooking with Fire: Techniques and Recipes for the Firepit; Smoker; Fireplace; Tandoor or Wood-fired Cooking
 
Author: Paula Marcoux
 
Narrator (if applicable):n/a

Release date (if applicable): April 16, 2014

Synopsis: A collection of recipes utilizing alternative cooking methods  primarily outdoor fires. 
 
My rating: 3 Stars
 
My opinion: This is the most unusual cookbook that I have reviewed from Storey Publishing. Cool, but unusual.

If you are looking for a "Weber" or grill cookbook...this isn't it.  This isn't a cooking hot dogs on a camp fire cookbook either.

This is a really unique cookbook for cooking on open fire in pits, etc. It included "plans" for building an
open wood fire oven outdoors. I am just not sure how many of the recipes or techniques were truly "practical". 

There were a number of recipes, such as rabbit or fish chowder (to name a few), that I wouldn't eat. There were also several recipes that I would be concerned with the thoroughness of cooking. 

I didn't think that this was a cookbook for a novice. I must admit that there were numerous recipes that I felt would challenge my cooking skills.
 
Source:   Storey Publishing for review
     
Would I recommend? : I would take a look at a brick and mortar store or Amazon sample prior to purchasing.  I will say that this is the first cookbook of this publisher that I have not purchased or have no intentions of purchasing.
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment