Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Crockpot Cheesy Brat Stew







Have you ever had one of those dishes that you were shocked as heck at how well it turned out? I had that with this Cheesy Brat Stew. I was unprepared for how much my husband and I enjoyed it, enough to the the point where I had no intentions of photographing it for the blog. I simply had a package of brats had to get used up and this was the only dish that I had all the ingredients in the morning and could throw into the crock pot. I found this on Food.com.

It is browned bratwurst that is then combined with a variety of other ingredients, such as potatoes, green beans and, of course, cheese for a rich, rib sticking dish. Best of all, throw it in the crock pot before leaving for work and dinner is done when you get home. I partnered with a salad and Grands biscuits.

So, here we go!:

Ingredients:

6 Bratwurst, cut into 1/2 slices and browned
4 medium potatoes, chopping into 1 inch chunks
1 onion, chopped
1 (15 oz) canned green beans
1 red pepper, chopped
2 cups cheddar cheese
1 (10 3/4 oz ) can cream of mushroom soup
2/3 cup water

Directions:

1) Place all ingredients in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 4 to 5 hours. Potatoes should be fork tender.

2) How easy is that?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment