Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Friday, March 28, 2014

Pork and Chicken Chow Mein







Another winner from Kay Robertson's new cookbook. I liked this one because, after a very long day,  I whipped it together in less than thirty minutes along with the rice, pot stickers and egg rolls. With the exception of 4 boneless pork chops that are chopped (I did this before I left for the day to save time) and fried prior to adding the remaining ingredients, it is all canned goods.

Normally, I don't allow commercially prepared, particularly canned, food on my menu, but this dish makes an appearance once per month.



Simply put, simplicity at its best!

So, here we go!:

Ingredients:

1/4 cup vegetable oil
4 boneless pork chops, chopped (go as small as you can)
1 bi-pack chicken chow mein dinner (48 oz)
1 can chop suey vegetables, drained
3 T. soy sauce
3 T. teriyaki sauce

**Serve with white rice and chow mein noodles**

Directions:

1) Heat oil in a very large skillet that has a lid until shimmery.

2) Add  pork pieces and fry until browned.

3) Add remaining ingredients. Simmer for 15 minutes.

HOW EASY IS THAT???




No comments:

Post a Comment