Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Bread Machine Focaccia Bread

adapted: Allrecipes.com

My family LOVES this recipe. I love it not only for its taste, but for the simplicity of this homemade bread. It starts off in your bread maker with just a couple of ingredients and finishes baking in your oven. I would compare this to ANY commercially prepared Focaccia bread.

The recipe calls for fresh rosemary, but I use dried in the winter because we don't use enough fresh rosemary before it goes bad. When my rosemary is up in my herb garden, I switch over to the fresh. I will be honest, there really isn't a huge difference.

So, here we go!:

Ingredients:

Bread:

1 cup luke warm water
2 T. olive oil
1/2 t. salt
2 t. jarred chopped garlic
1 T. Fresh rosemary or 1/2 T. dried rosemary
3 cups bread flour
1.5 t. jarred yeast

Topping:

2 T. olive oil
1/2 T. coarse salt, such as kosher or sea
1/2 T. dried rosemary
Parmesan cheese

Directions:

1) Very important! Place the BREAD ingredients in the bread maker pan in the order given.

2) Place on dough cycle and let cycle.

3) Remove from pan when complete and knead with small amount of bread flour until smooth. I will then roll out and place in a 9x13 pan.

4) Spread the olive oil over the dough and top with the other TOPPING ingredients.

5) Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 25 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes prior to serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment