Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

The Horchata Tini






This is a Naomi Blackburn original and why??? Because I love horchata and feel that it needs to be celebrated as one of the best non-alcoholic drinks known to mankind. I have made homemade horchata. I buy horchata. I have even purchased a hot drink based on horchata.

Enter Rumchata. Rumchata is an alcohol that is based off the horchata drink and mixed with rum. I swear this stuff is the nectar of the gods because it is soooo good!


I would normally drink RumChata on the rocks, but then I saw that Jose Cuervo came out with a Cinge Tequila. I looked at my husband and it immediately went into my shopping cart. I was going to play and play I did! So, welcome to the world, THE HORCHATA TINI. It proves that the best things in life are the simplest ones.

So, here we go!:

Ingredients:

2 oz Jose Cuervo Cinge Tequila
4 oz RumChata
1 t. cinnamon sugar
Canned whipping cream
Add'l cinnamon sugar

Directions:

1) In a shaker filled with ice, place the first 3 ingredients.

2) Pour into a prepared tini glass (well chilled)

3) Top with whipping cream and allow it to spread out a bit.

4) Sprinkle with additional cinnamon sugar.






No comments:

Post a Comment