Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Asian Chicken and Vegetables in Foil Packets


I had the chance to grab the new cookbook Weeknight Wonders by Ellie Kreiger. I have been making more and more Asian flared meals, so I loved it when I came across these very interesting packets. I have to admit that they didn't disappoint.

I partnered them with my Fried Rice and pot stickers. It was a perfect meal.

The thin cut chicken breasts were put atop a pepper/carrot veggie blend that then has a sweetened soy sauce blend poured over it. They baked in their own individual packets (so easy clean up). If desired, once baked top with toasted sesame seeds for a nutty addition.

So, here we go!:

4 large green onions, sliced in 1/2" slices
1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 medium yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
5 baby carrots, chopped into 1/2 slices
4 thin cut chicken breasts
2 T. soy sauce
1 T. unseasoned rice vinegar
1 T. brown sugar
1 T. toasted sesame oil
1 t. Sriracha sauce
4 t. toasted sesame seeds

Directions:

1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut 4 large slices of tinfoil enough to handle each sized packet. I made mine about 10 inch slices so no dripping of juices.

2) Divide the pepper/carrots into each packet evenly. Top with the chicken.

3) In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, sesame oil and Sriracha sauce. Drizzle evenly over chicken and veggies. Top with the green onion.

4) Seal up package and place on large cookie sheet.

5) Bake in package for 20 minutes. The recipe states 12 minutes, but I wasn't happy with that amount of cook time.

5) Remove to plate and top with sesame seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment