Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Low Sugar Pink Lemonade


Adapted: Allrecipes.com


I LOVE pink lemonade...I mean I love it, but I don't love the extreme sweetness that you see when it is made with sugar or in commercially prepared pink lemonades. I was meandering around Allrecipes, as I am frequently known to do, and came across a recipe for this. The original recipe was doubled from mine and called for 2 cups of sugar. That reminded me of my common complaint, so I moved on, but kept going back to it and thinking. That is when I starting configuring a new recipe for a tarter version of the drink and here is what I came up with. Please note that this recipe is much lower in sugar than your run of the mill pink lemonades. Also, it is much tarter, because I bumped up the lemons by one whole lemon. Don't want it as tart, drop the one lemon.

So, here we go!:

Ingredients:

7 lemons, juiced
1 cup "bulk" granulated, no calorie sweetener, such as Equal
1 cup cranberry juice (regular or sugar free)
4 cups water

Directions:

1) Pour all into a pitcher and stir
2) Allow to chill for a couple of hours before serving and stir again.

No comments:

Post a Comment