On my Goodreads group, Sisterhood of the Traveling Book, we have a thread for recipes which members can post. One of our members posted Stuffed manicotti. Now, I love me some pasta and love manicotti, but was always intimidated by all the work and such that goes into it. This dish is SO easy though that it isn't even funny. I have even thrown some thawed frozen spinach in it and it worked beautifully.
So, here we go!:
1lb box manicotti shells
1 quart cottage cheese
1 lb Italian Sausage
Box frozen spinach, thawed (optional)
Jar of Marinara Sauce
2 cups mozzarella cheese
1) Combine cottage cheese, sausage, and egg into a bowl and mix well, then put it into your piping bag. I use a gallon sized Ziploc bag with the corner cut.
|Put meat in Ziploc bag and cut the corner..so easy!|
2) Pipe mixture into your UNCOOKED manicotti.
3) Liberally spray 9x13 dish with cooking spray and 1/2 cup of the marinara
4) Lay filled manicotti in the baking dish and top with remaining marinara and mozzarella cheese.
|This is how it will look before you top with cheese|
5) Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 more minutes.