Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Bacon and Egg Salad Croissants


I know Summer is rapidly approaching when I make these wonderful sandwiches. I came across these in one of the Deen Brothers cookbooks. Yes, it is another Deen family recipe. My husband LOVES the bacon in it which offsets the regular egg salad and I love the simplicity in making them. Frequently, I will do the prep work the night before and pull it together in the morning. This gives the flavors a chance to blend. Then the last thing I need to do is put the filling on a croissant after coming home from work, serve with chips, fresh cut tomatoes from my garden and dinner is served. What could be easier??

I increase my ingredients because the original recipe makes 4 sandwiches, but they are lean sandwiches!!

So here we go!:

Ingredients:

12  Hard boiled eggs, shelled and chopped
6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1.5 T. Dijon mustard
1/2 t. KOSHER salt
3/4 t. coarse ground pepper
6 scallions(green onions)
6 large croissants

Directions:

1) Place all ingredients in bowl and stir. Can it be any simpler?




2) Place on croissants and serve with desired sides!

No comments:

Post a Comment