Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Crock Pot Chicken and Biscuits


I love Chicken and Biscuits as a comfort food. Make it in the crock pot and I love it even more. I can't remember where I found the original recipe which I tweaked to my liking. I think a family member had given me the original recipe, but it has definitely been a keeper.

The chicken and veggies cook all day long and then I simply throw on some Bisquick drop biscuits to wrap up the meal.You want to make it easier, simply use the biscuits that you find in the refrigerator. I don't like the taste of those as much as the Bisquick ones though. It is such pure comfort food and filling. I never have any left! While the biscuits bake, I shred the chicken. Dinner is served! Periodically, I will serve it with a salad, but even that gets to be too much.

So, here we go!:

Ingredients:

3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
30 baby carrots, cut into chunks
8 celery stalks, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
4 chicken bouillon cubes
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 (14 oz) can chicken broth
1 T. Herbes de Provence
1/4 cup cooking sherry
1 batch Bisquick drop biscuits or refrigerator biscuits

Directions:

1) Place first 4 ingredients in a crock pot.

2) In a mixing bowl, combine the next 5 ingredients and pour over ingredients in crock pot. Cook on low for 8 hours.

3) When ready to serve, prepare biscuits. Shred chicken and return to crock. Stir. Ladle chicken over biscuits.




No comments:

Post a Comment