Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Potato Collops~Recipe Review




Adapted: Irish Recipes: Mouthwatering Meals Direct From The Emerald Isle by Bryan J. Bowers
Link: http://www.amazon.com/Irish-Recipes-Mouthwatering-Emerald-ebook/dp/B006ZLX75S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332079744&sr=8-1


Another recipe I had tried out of Irish Recipes was for the Potato Collops. Now, I have never heard about these bofore or had them before, but these were some tasty treats! As I normally do, I did put my spin on it...

So, here we go!

Ingredients:

12 small to medium red potatoes, skin intact and sliced thinly
6 green onions, chopped
1 tablespoon dried parsley, divided
5 slices bacon, chopped
1 cup half-half
3 Tablespoons butter, cubed
4 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese or Ivernia Cheese
Salt/Pepper to taste

Directions:

1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Generously spray casserole dish with cooking spray.
2) Layer half potatoes, onions, bacon, parsley and butter




3) Repeat with remaining ingredients
4) Pour half-n-half over all
5) Top with Parmesan/Ivernia Cheese and salt/pepper to taste


6) Cover with aluminum foil and bake until golden brown.

Notes:

1) The original recipe called for fresh parsley (2 T); onion; and milk. Also, it called for(6)  regular potatoes. 

2) In my original recipe, I used fat free milk and I could tell it was really lacking in the flavor. Next time, I make this, I will use half-n-half or even bump it up to heavy cream. The recipe is so tasty and rich that it can definitely carry it.

No comments:

Post a Comment