Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Butter Chicken


Adapted: IT'S CHICKEN TIME: 30 Mouthwatering Chicken Recipes to Die for by Isabelle E. LeBlanc

I have mentioned before my love for some of the free cookbooks I get off Amazon/Kindle. While the jury is still out on this one, I did find this recipe which we loved. This chicken is so kid friendly it isn't even funny.

A couple of notes to keep in mind. The original recipe calls for boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I ended up substituting bone in, skin on chicken thighs and I thought the recipe was superb! If desired, the skin could be removed from the chicken thigh. I just happen to think the bone gives it a bit of something...although I suppose that could be taken out of the equation too! I loved the size of the meat that came out of these. I love meat, but am not a massive meat eater, so the size was perfect for me. Plus, it was the cheaper thigh meat to boot. Just remember, if you are not a dark meat person, chicken breasts work well too..just adjust your cooking time accordingly.

So here we go!:

Ingredients:

6 pieces chicken thighs
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups Ritz crackers, FINELY Ground (I do mine in my food processor)
2 teaspoons Paula Deen's Revamped House Seasoning
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter cut into 8 chunks

Directions:

1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2) Place Ritz crumbs in a gallon sized ziploc bag with the PDHS and blend
3) Dip chicken into eggs allowing excess to drip off and then shake with Ritz mix
4) Place coated thighs in a 9x13 dish sprayed liberally with cooking spry. If desired, coat a second time for extra crispy chicken
5) Strategically place butter around chicken so that it melts covering all pieces of chicken.
6) Flip chicken over at the 30 minute mark
7) Bake in oven for a total of 1 hour or until chicken is 180 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment