Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Monday, July 30, 2012

"The Best" Steak Marinade




OK...I love steak. I have a passion for a great marinaded steak that is done medium rare. I can devour it. So, when I saw a recipe poster on Allrecipes claim to make the BEST steak marinade, I knew I had to try it! I must say that I agree with him, this was some great steak that was produced by this marinade. I must admit I did make 2 changes. First, the original recipe calls for dried basil and parsley. I prefer fresh from my garden so I switched that out and increased to 1/4 cup for both to adjust for that. Second, the original recipe had the minced garlic and hot sauce as optional. To me, the boosted up the recipe so they are included in my twist! I did put the original measurements in red. I served these with my crock pot potatoes and corn on the cob as sides. Yummers!!

It does take a little bit longer to prepare, but it is oh so worth it.

So, here we go!

Ingredients:

1/3 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup olive oil
1/3 cup FRESH lemon juice (none of the concentrated stuff!)
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
1/4 c. fresh basil, chopped (3 T. Dried)
1/4 c parsley, chopped (1.5 T. Dried)
1 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
1 teaspoon minced garlic (optional)
8 steaks of your choice, I used thinner cut rib eye steaks

Directions:

1) Place first 10 ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.

2) Place steaks in a gallon size Ziploc bag and pour marinade over steaks.
3) I marinaded for 8 hours, flipping back several times through out marinading process
4) Grill, as desired!

No comments:

Post a Comment