Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Monday, November 5, 2012

Grilled Giant Pork Chops with Adobo Paste

adapted: Epicurious


Partnered with Soffrito Rice

Much to my husband's dismay, I grill ALL year long. Below zero with a windchill? Yep, I am out there. Snowy? Won't stop me! This is a filling chop recipe that I assure will be on my Winter grilling menu.

Ingredients:

2 1/2 T. Olive Oil
2 T. Paprika (NOT HOT)
1 1/2 T. Dried Oregano
1 T. Jarred minced garlic
1 1/2 t. ground cumin
1 1/2 t. dried hot red-pepper flakes
1 1/2 t. finely grated fresh lime zest
1/4 t. black pepper
6 (1 inch thick) bone in pork loin chops

Directions:

1) Prepare grill for direct heat cooking.

2) Stir together all ingredients but pork chops to form a paste. Rub it all over pork chops.

3) Let pork chops sit for about 1/2 hour.

4) Grill chops over coals. Flip a couple of times during cooking. Mine took about 20 minutes for me to be happy with how done they are...otherwise cook until internal temperature is 165 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment