Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Friday, February 17, 2012

My Favorite Seasonings~Paula Deen House Seasonings

Adapted: Paula Deen

As many of you know, I am a HUGE fan of Paula Deen and the Deen Boys. I frequently make their dishes and you will see them on this blog. One of the staple ingredients in a huge chunk of all of their recipes is the House Seasoning. You can find it in each of their cookbooks. On their websites. Anywhere that is Deen related, you find the recipe for it.

Here is the original recipe which is taken from Pauladeen.com:

http://www.pauladeen.com/recipes/recipe_view/house_seasoning/

This recipe as written is:

1 cup salt
1/4 cup pepper
1/4 garlic powder

Combine in container with tight cover and can be stored for 6 months.

The first time I made this, I ended up having to throw it out because it was so salty. As expected,  I then got to redoing it.

Here is Naomi Blackburn's version of Paula Deen's House Seasoning:

1/2 cup salt
1/4 cup pepper
1/4 cup garlic powder

Combine in a container with a tight cover. Can be stored for up to 6 months.

I use this stuff almost every day. It is so versatile and I have used it from beef to vegetarian dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment