Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Thursday, February 9, 2012

So Excited, So Excited, So Excited!!

I am so excited, this is my first post as a blogger!!

I have loved to cook for as long as I can remember. I learned how to cook from both my mother and my grandmother who were instrumental in teaching me how to play with ingredients and how to have existing recipes come off superbly. I use foodas a way to show others love...in seeing satisfaction when a dish has made their day or when it has added to already a wonderful event.

I love all types of alcohol too!! Wine, Spirits, Beers!! Like food,  used in moderation and not abused, they bring extra entertainment to events.  Paired correctly, Food and Spirits come together like Ballroom Dancers in a competition!!

I love to surf recipe sites and am all over the internet doing so, so I know you will see me "kitchen testing" some of my favorites I come across. My gurus are Paula Deen and her boys! So, you will def. see their recipes tried, tested and showcased...GUARANTEED!!

I plan to use this blog to test out and post existing recipes and some made up by my own trial and error. You will see everything from just plain ole good down home cooking to extravagent meals designed for dinner parties. And...foods ranging from finger food/appetizers to meats.We can't forget the desserts and, of course, the mixed drinks. At some point, I will also be giving my impressions on wines and beers/ales.  I plan to show events which I have hosted and how food/drink have helped them be either a bloomin' success or a bismal failure!!

So, welcome..I love feedback and would love to hear what you have to say.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what is going to be coming down the pike. I'm looking forward to a delicious ride!

    (told ya I wanted to be your first follower)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...I'll try!!

    I can't believe I did this..I feel like a kid on Christmas morning. I think I will have a blast with this!

    ReplyDelete