Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Thursday, April 5, 2012

PAULA DEEN'S The Lady and Son's Pot Roast (CROCK POT RECIPE)





Adapted:  Paula Deen's Southern Cooking Bible


I have made this recipe several times already and I swear it gets better each time. This is comfort food at its' finest. Incredibly easy to put together and then just thrown in the crock pot for the entire day, I serve it with my easy garlic mashed potatoes and a side of veggies. I now make my sauce the evening before, quickly brown the meat and put it in the crock pot. Top it with the sauce, turn it to low..and your dinner is cooking. I swear this pot roast is so tender it cuts with a fork. The sauce is unbelievable on mashed potatoes. I am just sayin' that we are a family of 3 and NEVER have any leftovers of this dish!!

So, here we go!!:

Ingredients:

1 (3lb) boneless chuck roast (I have gone to 4 pounds with no problems)
1 Tablespoon Paula Deen's House Seasoning, Revamped
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
3 bay leaves
3 beef bouillon cubes, crushed (I throw mine in whole and have never had any issues)
1 teaspoon jarred garlic
1 can LOW FAT cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup Chardonnay
1 cup beef broth or stock

Directions:

1) Place oil in a large pan and allow to get really hot (oil should be shimmering)
2) In the meantime, rub roast well with house seasoning


3) Brown roast for 5 minutes each side. When finished place in crock.




4) For the sauce...in a large bowl, mix the remaining ingredients and pour over pot roast.


5) Cook for no less than 8 hours on low.  That is when it starts to get fork tender!!


No comments:

Post a Comment