Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Cookies for Grown-ups by Kelly Cooper





Book: Cookies for Grown-up

Author: Kelly Cooper

Release date (if applicable): November 19, 2012 (hint, hint...just in time for holiday entertaining!)

Synopsis: Who says cookies are for kids? These recipes are for some of the most unusual ADULT cookies I have ever seen. Not only made of sweet stuff only, some of these recipes used peppers, cheeses, veggies and spices. To boot, this unusual cookbook gives readers "partnering" beverage ideas , including alcoholic drinks, to serve with these little gems.

My rating: 5 Stars

My opinion: Looking for something different for entertainment ideas? This cookbook is it! These were some of the most unusual cookie recipes that I have ever seen. These aren't going to be cookies most of the young in's are going to like either..so they are something just for the adults!

I loved the drink partnering ideas, as well. For themed dinners, by identifying the drink or the wonderful "sub topic" bakers can easily identify cookies to fit their themes.

To show just how unusual this modern cookie cookbook is, there are "Quick Response" Codes for use with a smart phone.

Special note: Looking for more recipes? Don't miss the recipes on the author's site (http://grownupcookies.com/) or even the publisher's site (http://redrockpress.com/delicious.html) I pulled some more pretty awesome recipes from both sites!

Source:  Netgalley for Publisher

Would I recommend? : Not only would I recommend, it is going in my Amazon basket!

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for liking my post on Cookies for Grown-ups Carole and asking me to post! I am always quite shy about doing it, so your prompts really help!!!

    BTW...to my followers...Carole has an awesome site! Click on her link above to check it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How hilarious...Were your ears ringing?? I was just thinking that I need to head over there with Mexican slow cooker book.

    ReplyDelete