Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Friday, June 29, 2012

Summer Berrynut Chicken Breast Salad



This salad is SO simple and a staple in my house during the Summer months. I eat this stuff like candy! I have seen this in tons of restaurants, but love my version because I load it down with fruits and nuts.

So, here we go:

Ingredients:

4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 Cup Ken's CREAMY BALSAMIC dressing, DIVIDED (see note)
6 cups spring mix (lettuce)
10 strawberries sliced
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup raspberries
1/2 cup walnuts TOASTED
1/2 cup Fresh Gourmet honey roasted pecan pieces
1 cup crumbled blue cheese OR crumbled feta

Directions:

1) Marinade 1/2 cup salad dressing and chicken breasts in Ziploc bag for 4 hours. Drain.
2) Prepare grill and grill for 10 minutes per side or until your chicken is done
3) Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl and toss. You will toss this with the remaining salad dressing. See Note
4) Top with chicken breast and serve

Note: I am not a fan of salad dressing. I keep my salad kind of dry. My husband usually adds additional dressing, so adjust your dressing as you desire, just make sure to use 1/2 cup for the marinade.

No comments:

Post a Comment