Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Italian Tomato Cheese Tortellini Soup





I love this simple, meatless crock pot recipe. It has a whole 5 ingredients and cooks for the day, so throw it in the crock pot on low. I can't even remember when or where I found this recipe, but I have it memorized at this point. Shockingly, the little cheese tortellinis are perfect even after cooking all day. It is frequently on my menu for Meatless Mondays. I partner it with my Focaccia bread machine bread. 

While it is officially called THE BEST CROCK POT MEAL EVER, that just didn't work for me. It didn't describe anything to me. I changed it to Italian Tomato Cheese Tortellini soup, which I feel is a perfect description.

So, here we go!:

Ingredients:

4 cups vegetable broth
4 handfuls baby spinach
2 cans diced tomatoes with Italian seasonings, undrained
8 oz block cream cheese
9 oz bag cheese tortellini

Directions:

1) Place all ingredients in a 4 qt crock pot and turn to low.

2) Cook for 6 hours. I have had it cook for 8 hours with no problems.

3) Garnish with Parmesan cheese and Italian bread. 

No comments:

Post a Comment