Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Saturday, August 10, 2013

One Pot Spaghetti



I had never heard of One Pot Spaghetti before I saw it mentioned in Sisterhood of the Traveling Book, which is my book lovers group on Goodreads. After the person mentioned that they were making it for dinner, several members chimed in and said how much they loved this dish. Being that spaghetti is one of Pat's favorite meals, I knew I had to at least try it for him. It is now my standard way of making spaghetti. I love this stuff so much more than your standard saucy spaghetti dish. I partnered with the usual suspects of peas, salad and garlic bread. The leftovers of this dish were even better!

On a side note, if desired add green pepper and mushrooms in the meat browning stage. I did that the second time I made this and it was even better.

So, here we go!:

Ingredients:

1 pound ground beef
1/2 medium onion, diced
1 t. jarred minced garlic
1 can (14.5 ox) diced tomatoes
16 oz tomato sauce
1.5 cupswater
2 T. brown sugar
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
1/2 t. oregano
1 t. Italian seasoning
8 oz spaghetti noodles broken in half

Directions:

1) In a large pan, brown the ground beef, onions and garlic.

2) Add the remaining ingredients, EXCEPT noodles. Bring to a boil

3) Once boiling add noodles, stir and cover.

4) Simmer for 15 minutes or until noodles are done.



No comments:

Post a Comment