Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Simply Great Chicken (and it's cheap too!)

Sorry for the shadows...it is that time of the year!

Rummaging around Pinterest, I came across this recipe that seemed so gross with its' ingredients that I knew it had to be good. I jumped at trying it because I saw it as another way to serve the chicken thighs I love.

I didn't realize how much I would enjoy this recipe. The 3 ingredients combined together really do work and work well! There was a tangy sweet to the chicken. Plus, it is cheap! I serve it over a bed of rice with some of the drippings spooned over it and with a nice veggie.

On a side note, I did double Italian dressing mix and brown sugar. I really wanted a nice sauce and coating and felt that the original numbers looked kind of anemic to cover all the chicken. I am happy I did.

So, kudos to Food for a Hungry Soul blog for posting this delightful recipe! It is definitely a keeper on those hectic nights!

So, here we go!:

Ingredients:

3 lbs Bone In/Skin On Chicken Thighs
2 Packages Dry Italian Dressing Mix (such as Good Seasonings)
1 cup Brown Sugar

Directions:

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. LINE A 9x13 PAN WITH ALUMINUM FOIL! Trust me on this one...the sugar caramelizes! Spray with non-stick cooking spray.

2) Combine dressing and brown sugar in a Ziploc bag.

3) Rinse and dry chicken.

4) Shake chicken in mixture and place in pan.

5) Bake for one hour.

Dinner is done! I told you it was simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment