Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Cola Porkchops


My husband is not a fan of pork chops. I am, so I am always in search of recipes which I think I will like, but will tickle his fancy as well. Stumbling through Allrecipes.com, I found this one.

I love the simplicity of this recipe. I love whipping it together for a weeknight meal because while it cooks, there are numerous other things that I can be doing. The sauce is 3 ingredients, plus the pork chops. What can be easier?? Another positive to this recipe is that the submitter to Allrecipes said it could just as easily be used with chicken.

So, here we go:

Ingredients:

8 oz Ketchup
8 oz Cola drink (I use Coke Zero to cut down on some of the sugar of the recipe)
2 T. Brown Sugar
6 Center Cut Pork Chops

Directions:

1) Mix Ketchup, Cola and Brown Sugar together in a bowl.

2) Salt and Pepper Pork Chops
3) Pour sauce over chops and bake for 1 hour in a 350 degree oven.

4) Serve with white or brown rice!

No comments:

Post a Comment