Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Watermelon Sangria



I was surfing around somewhere, probably Pinterest, and saw a picture for Watermelon Sangria with no recipe. My mouth started watering as I love sangria, particularly on a hot summer day! So, I went exploring, but the only recipes I found were for vodka based sangrias and overpowered with watermelon, which weren't thrilling me...AT ALL. So, as usual, I went to concocting and this is whatI came up with. We all loved this drink!

Ingredients:

1 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1 bottle white wine (medium/sweet)
1 cup brandy
1/3 cup lime juice
4 cup watermelon chopped
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup Triple Sec

Fruits:

2 cups chopped watermelon
2 limes sliced
15 cherries
2 oranges
2 lemons
1 pint blueberries

Directions:

1) In a small sauce pan, bring sugar and water to a boil until sugar melts. This is the simple syrup. Set aside to cool.

2) In a one gallon container, pour wine, simple syrup, brandy, orange juice, Triple Sec

3) In a blender, blend 4 cups watermelon and lime juice. Pour into one gallon container.

4) Add the chopped fruit to the gallon container.

5) Place in refrigerator for 4-6 hours.

6) Serve over ice and with lots of the fruit. Along with a straw, I give a spoon to eat the fruit which has soaked up the drink!




No comments:

Post a Comment