Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Lightened Up Snickers Dip (Makes 4 Cups)



Adapted: Relative Taste(Kim)

When I saw that a friend had pinned this on Pinterest, I knew I had to try it. My family loves Snickers bars, so I thought this would fit in for Bears Sofa Tailgates! When a friend saw that I had pinned it, she immediately requested it for my live book club and I quickly agreed.

As I went in and took a look at the recipe, I cringed. It used full fat cream whip and cream cheese, as well as 6 Snickers bars. I wanted the recipe, but wanted to see how it would be "lightened up" and I already had a group of guinea pigs. This by far isn't fat free, but it is lightened up. By the way, my live book club and library staff LOVED it and so did my family.

So, here we go!:

Ingredients:

2 packages low fat or fat free cream cheese
1 (8 oz) container low fat or fat free Cool Whip
1/4 brown sugar or Splenda Brown Sugar
5 full size Snickers bars chopped
graham crackers and pretzels for dipping

Directions:

1) Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until well incorporated.





2) Place in a covered container and allow flavors to "blend" for 24 hours.
3) Serve with graham crackers and pretzels

No comments:

Post a Comment