Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Soffrito Rice

Adapted: Sweetnicks.com


I have made my Mexican rice recipe so many times that I have been quickly getting tired of it. I stumbled upon this while doing my usual Pinterest search. I partnered it with a WONDERFUL Cuban Spiced Pork Tenderloin. This dish has a smokey bacon and chicken flavor to it. Be sure to add the turmeric to it to give it that beautiful color. Since I originally made it, I have made it numerous times and has quickly replace the Mexican recipe dish as my family's favorite rice side dish.

So, here we go:

Ingredients:

1 T. Olive Oil
3 bacon slices chopped
1 small white or yellow onion chopped
1 small green pepper chopped
2 3/4 cups chicken broth
1 1/2 cups white rice
1/2 t. turmeric

Topping:

Chopped cilantro
Chopped green onions

Directions:

1) Heat Olive Oil in a nonstick pan. Add bacon, onion and pepper and cook until softened and bacon is cooked, but not crisp.



2) Add chicken broth, rice and turmeric. Stir.

3) Turn to simmer and cook for roughly 30 minutes. Add more chicken broth 1/3 cup at a time until rice is soft and fluffy. Serve and top with chopped cilantro and green onion.

No comments:

Post a Comment