Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Slow Cooker Cube Steak with onion/mushroom sauce



Cube steak is such a simple meat to me. I love coming up with various ways to have it. I stumbled upon a recipe for cube steaks and gravy one day on Pinterest, but as I took a deeper look at it, I thought it looked kind of boring and set out to "spruce it up". As a result, I have a whole new recipe!

This one is simple enough to throw in the crock before leaving for work and have a tasty dinner almost immediately upon walking in the door. I served this with mashed potatoes, but rice or noodles would work just as well. Furthermore, I complimented it with fresh picked tomatoes from my garden. Yummers!

Ingredients:

4 Cube Steaks
2 T. Paula Deen House Seasoning, divided
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 pack dry onion soup mix
1 can 8 oz mushrooms
1 onion thinly sliced
1/2 cup dry white wine

Directions:

1) Sprinkle cube steaks with 1/2 T. PDHS.
2) Liberally spray a frying pan with cooking spray and lightly fry. Remove to crock.

3) Repeat procedure with onions, sprinkling with another 1/2 T. of PDHS. Remove to crock.
4) In a large bowl, combine 1 T. PDHS, canned soup, dry soup, mushrooms and wine. Pour over cube steaks and onions.
5) Turn crock to low and cook for 6-8 hours.
6) Serve over mashed potatoes, noodles or rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment