Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

The Editor Tini or A Taste of Hawaii



I have a bud whom I adore...absolutely adore. She also happens to be my editor. One of my weird quirks is that I love to develop drinks based off the personalities of my favorite people. When Lucy and I were talking one day, she jokingly asked me to develop a drink for her and I jumped at it. Now, I had always considered her to be a craft beer drinker, so this one was going to be a toughy for me...until she told me that she liked pineapple. My mind immediately went into overload in the combinations I could do. Not only did it give me an opportunity to celebrate my absolute adoration of Lucy, but my love of Hawaii, as well.

The key to this drink is FRESH pineapple. None of that canned garbage will do for this drink. This one is a bit more involved and involves use of a blender to make a tini base. Muddling will not do for this drink.

So, here we go!:

Ingredients:

Base:

3 cups fresh pineapple chopped
6 oz can pineapple juice (If you can get fresh juice better yet!)

Directions:

1) Combine in a blender and puree until smooth

Tini....

Ingredients:

3 oz pineapple puree
2 oz white rum
3 oz Malibu PINEAPPLE rum
Fresh pineapple spears

Directions:

1) In a very well chilled shaker filled with ice, combine first 3 ingredients. Shake for 30 seconds

2) Pour into a well chilled tini glass and garnish with pineapple spears.


No comments:

Post a Comment