Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Monday, August 13, 2012

Tricia Yearwood's Barbecue Chicken


Tricia Yearwood's Chicken with her Crock Pot Mac and Cheese

This chicken is so tasty, moist and easy to make that it has become a staple for sofa tailgating in the Blackburn home! The most difficult part of making this recipe is quartering the chicken. My family tells me that it reminds them of a traveling BBQ company in Northern Illinois called Fay's BBQ. I love this chicken because it isn't the standard tomato based BBQ sauce, but has that tangy, spicy tinges to it that tickles the taste buds! I just made this a couple of weeks ago and already my mouth is drooling! Now, I do double the sauce that Tricia has in the original recipe, but I love to slather and I mean slather the chicken with the sauce. It just POPS!

The chicken does take a bit more time to grill than using pieces so allow the time necessary. It took my chicken a good hour and fifteen minutes, but it is SO worth it!

So, here we go!


Ingredients:

Chicken:

Two 3 pound frying chickens, split
4 tablespoons salt

Sauce:

2 cups cider vinegar
1.5 cups peanut oil
2 teaspoon hot sauce, such as Franks
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Directions:
1) Quarter chickens as shown in pictures.

This...will become

This

2) Place quarters in a large pot and cover with water. Add salt to act as a brine. Place pot with chicken for no less than 6 hours and allow to "brine".


 
3) In a large sauce pan, blend all sauce ingredients, bring to a boil and set aside.

4) Prepare grill and place chicken on grill. Brush frequently with the sauce until chicken hits 180 degrees internally.



No comments:

Post a Comment