Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Friday, February 10, 2012

Cream of Broccoli Soup

My Pintrest Addiction Kicks Off!!

Adapted: My Kitchen Apron

OK, I must admit it, I am a closet Pintrest addict. I can't get enough of that site! One of the first recipes I came across was for Crockpot Cream of Broccoli Cheese Soup. I had to try it!! It was so incredibly simple to make, this will become a staple in our home!

First, pulse a small onion and carrot in your food processor



Next add 2 cans of Cream of Chicken Soup and your onion/carrot mix to your 4 Qt. Crockpot.



Next, place 1 lb of cubed Velveeta Cheese in the crock and top that with 2 bags (12 oz each) of cut broccoli. I happen to like the larger florets, as I like chunks of broccoli in my soup. If you prefer a smoother soup, use cut broccoli instead. It will cook down for you.



Finally, top all of that with 1 Qt of half and half and 1 teaspoon of hot sauce.



Cook on high in your slow cooker for 4 hours. After 2 hours, stir as needed to blend ingredients. When complete, ladle into bowls and top with shredded cheddar cheese and croutons, if desired! This recipe contains no salt or pepper, so you will need to season as desired with these seasonings. It is imperative to note, do not cook this recipe on high for more than 4 hours. I noticed some seperation when I did. I immediately turned it off and then reheated bowls of soup, as neccessary.








So,  to wrap up

Crockpot Cream of Broccoli Soup

1 carrot
1 small onion
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 lb Velveeta cheese
2 bags (12 oz each) chopped broccoli
1 Qt. Half and Half
1 t. Franks Hot Sauce

Instructions:

1) Place 2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup in 4 Qt. Crockpot
2) In food processor, chop onion and carrot until ground. Place on top of soup.
3) Cut up 1 lb Velveeta cheese and place on top of soup mixture. At this point, I stirred to make sure everything was covered
4) Top with 2 bags of broccoli
5) Top all with Half and Half and hot sauce
6) Turn crockpot on HIGH. Cook for 4 hours. Stir after two hours and frequently after that.
7) BE SURE TO LET SOUP COOK FOR NO LONGER THAN 4 HOURS. It will start to seperate and that it isn't as pretty.
8) When it comes time to serve, top with cheddar cheese.


' Til next time...

Naomi



















No comments:

Post a Comment