Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Dark Chocolate Tini






I have been fascinated with the Chocolate Tini. I have come across some that are very good and some not so good. When I came across a recipe for a Dark Chocolate Tini Shot from the blog A Bachelor and His Grill, I knew I had to try it. There were some things that I sort of didn't like about it so I knew it had to change.

First, it was a shot. I prefer the full tini. Second, it had chocolate chips in the bottom of the glass. Now, the mother came out in me and I kept thinking about the choke risks in partnering the chips and shot all in one drink! So, I omitted the chips and went with a dark chocolate swirl in the tini glass. I also increased the alcohol to make it a full drink.

As I state in all my tini recipes, chill everything, glasses and shaker, before prepping the drink. Coldness is key to making this a wonderful drink.

So, here we go:

Ingredients:

1.5 oz Vanilla Vodka
1.5 oz Butterscotch Schnapps
1.5 oz Chocolate Liqueur

Directions:

1) Do a chocolate swirl in the tini glass. If desired, put a maraschino cherry in the bottom and return glass to freezer.


2) Add ice to shaker and pour all liqueurs over the ice. Shake for no less than 60 seconds and strain into prepared tini glass.

3) If desired, garnish with whipped cream and a chocolate swirl!

No comments:

Post a Comment