Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Monday, April 30, 2012

Cherry Beer Margaritas!!



Adapted: theblondecook.com

One of the things that I love most about Pinterest is the ability to come across bloggers, and their delectable treats,  I never would have known existed. This is one of those recipes!

I did Mexican night on Saturday and had stumbled across this drink earlier in the am. Now, the other thing that I did on Saturday was my monthly grocery shopping. It gives new meaning to hating that time of the month, let me tell you...especially when you bring a husband in tow!! By the time I got home, I was ready to whip up a pitcher of these. My only fear is that the boys would have said they are too girly, but, honestly, at that point, I really didn't care! Well, let me tell you, THE BOYS LOVED THEM. They actually had two, which I guess it was a good thing I only wanted one. They called them refreshing and a nice twist to Beer Margaritas I had made a while ago and that were not a hit.  So, no sissy drink here!!

I have kept the recipe pretty true to Amy's recipe. The only thing I do different is add a bit of Maraschino cherry juice to the glass prior to adding the margarita mix.

So, here we go!

Ingredients:

1 (12 ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
12 ounces cherry flavored 7-up (NOT DIET)
1 (12 ounce) bottle of your favorite MEXICAN beer
12 ounces of your favorite BLANCO tequila
Add'l cherry juice liquid from bottle
Margarita salt, for rimming glass
Lime for garnish
Cherries for garnish

Directions:

1) Take Margarita glasses or Mason jars (which are adorable Margarita glasses to me) and do a rimmer using lime juice or sweet/sour and Margarita salt. Fill with ice and place in freezer until ready for use.
2) Slice lime and slice a small line into lime to use as a decoration for the glass
3) In a large pitcher, combine limeade, cherry 7-up, beer and tequila. Stir until well blended
4) Remove glasses from freezer and add about a 1/2 T. of cherry juice to each glass. Pour in Margarita mix until full.
5) Garnish with straw, cherries (5) and lime slice!

No comments:

Post a Comment