Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Oven Roasted Cauliflower

Served with Paula Deen's Hobo Burgers
I recently had the opportunity to go to a Drunken Zumba party with my friend Erin. Yes, you read it right..a Drunken Zumba party. After a vigorous Zumba session, all the attendees joined together for alcoholic drinks and snacks. I stumbled onto this dish for roasted cauliflower and never left its' side! Poppin' the addicting lil morsels into my mouth at every turn! Add to it that it  is so easy to make that, in reality, it was the easiest part of my dinner that night. It will regularly become a part of my meals. Finicky Pat, who grumbled at it in the beginning of the meal, at EVERY scrap of it! I went heavier on the olive oil and pepper. I am not a fan of salt, so I went light on that. Pat and I ate the whole head of cauliflower between us!

It is 4 ingredients, so you can't really get simpler than that! So, I want to thank the host, Dolly, for a fun evening and a fantastic recipe!

So, here we go:

One head fresh cauliflower
Olive Oil to taste
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste

Directions

1) Cut cauliflower head into tiny morsels and place into a bowl, as shown.



2) Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray.


3) Cook in a 375 degree oven for about 45 minutes or until "soft". Stir two to 3 times during cooking time.

No comments:

Post a Comment