Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Alice Springs Chicken with my Crock Pot Baked Potatoes

Alice Springs Chicken with my Crock Pot Baked Potatoes


adapted: Six Sisters


Another reason to love the Sisters! I stumbled across this recipe on, you guessed it, Pinterest and, although I had been to Outback numerous times, had never heard of it. To be honest though, when I go to Outback, I am a beef kind of girl!

This looked intriguing enough to try, so I went ahead and did it. I am not disappointed. I didn't make the dipping sauce because I didn't think it needed it, so this is just for the dish alone. Also, like the Sisters, I made it as a casserole. They mentioned that their mother makes it as an individual piece of chicken, but I have to be honest, I am too lazy to do that. Maybe if I was using it for entertaining, which, by the way, this would fit perfectly into, but it was just my family and it didn't stick around long enough to be admired for beauty!

Unlike other recipes that I do, I kept this one pretty close to the original.

So, here we go!:

Ingredients:
3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half length wise and pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
seasoning salt
6 slices bacon, chopped
1/4 cup mustard
1/3 cup honey
2 tablespoons mayo
1/2 tablespoon dried onion flakes
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
3 cups shredded Colby/Jack cheese

Directions:
1) Sprinkle and rub the pounded chicken breasts with seasoning salt. 


2) Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. 
3) Cook bacon in a large skillet. Be very careful and watch closely. I will actually cook my bacon right until it becomes crispy. The bacon will continue to cook in the oven and it is important to not have it burnt crisp! Yuk!!


4) In a small bowl, mix the mustard, honey, mayo and dried onion flakes.


5) Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. 
6) Place chicken in the skillet and saute for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until browned. 
7) Place browned chicken to an 13x9 inch
with mustard sauce

8) Apply the honey mustard to each breast, then layer with mushrooms, bacon, and shredded cheese.

before cheese

after cheese...ready for oven


9) Bake in a 350° oven for 30-40 minutes, or until cheese is melted and chicken is done.


No comments:

Post a Comment