Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Monday, February 27, 2012

Beer...It's not just for drinking! BEER SOAKED FRIES!!




Adapted: The Edible Perspective


When I first joined Pinterest, one of my friends did a repin for Beer Soaked Fries. I was immediately intrigued and threw it on my recipe board. I had the opportunity to try a new sandwich today and knew that these fries would go beautifully with them so I waded in.

I used Leinenkugal's 1888 Bock beer and was thrilled to death with the results. I had wanted a deeper, richer flavor from it and that is what I got. The original recipe used a lighter beer.  Also, I used my revamped Paula Deen House Seasoning instead of the seasonings the original recipe called for. I whipped up a helping of Pink Lady Sauce, which is simply mayo (I use fat free or low fat) and ketchup! How much more simpler can you get?? Please note, I tripled the original recipe...adjust as necessary for your family!

My boys snatched them up and couldn't get enough. They ended up being gone by dinner for the most part so I had to supplement them with baked chips. Will I make these again?? DANG STRAIGHT, I WILL. They were a tad bit more expensive to make, but worth ever cent.

So, here we go!

Ingredients:

9 Russet Potato, cut as shown
3 bottles beer of your choice.
6 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1.5 Tablespoon jarred minced garlic
1.5 Tablespoons Paula Deen House Seasoning

Directions:

1) Cut potatoes as shown. I happen to like my fries a bit beefier, but they can be cut to the size desired. Cooking times simply needs to be adjusted.



2) Place in a large bowl and pour beer over potatoes. Let potatoes marinade in beer for 1 hour. Stir several times to make sure potatoes are soaked! Drain.



3) Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Place potato slices on sheet and make sure they are laid out in a single layer.


4) Bake in a 425 degree oven for approximately 45 minutes, stirring 2 times during cooking time.

Enjoy!!

Pink Lady Sauce

Ingredients:

1/2 cup mayonnaise (regular, low fat or fat free)
1/4 cup ketchup

Directions:

Place in bowl and stir!

5 comments:

  1. OHHHHHHH, I can't wait to try these bad boys! I agree, I would prefer to use a darker beer instead of the lighter one. I do miss not seeing a picture of the finished product, though. I guess you would have had to take the picture while one of the boys was eating them.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. The completed dish is at the top with the pink lady sauce. Because they are "oven fried", the fries brown lightly versus getting that deep "fried" look that you see in deep, heavy fried foods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look good!!!
    Have you tried sweet potato fries yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dianne..you got my mind wandering now. I just made a recipe up in my mind and now I have to go out in 25 degree weather to get the stuff!! lol

      Delete
  4. No, those sound so killer though. My fear is that they would be too out of the box for Jon, so I would be the only one eating them.

    When I read about them, I was thinking a honey beer with a light cinammon dip. Good lord!!

    ReplyDelete