Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Friday, March 2, 2012

Ice Wine Tini (Makes Two Tinis)






Adapted: Foodandwine.com

We used to have a liquor store by us that had a bar attached to it. The owner of the store had introduced me to the concept of the Ice Wine Martini. The version she had told me about was simply ice wine and vodka. When I tried it, and it was strong, I am talking rip your stomach apart strong. Yet,  I knew it had potential.  I thought the drink had potential though, so I went on mission to find a new Ice Wine Tini recipe.

Ice Wine is a dessert wine that is incredibly sweet. Harvested from frozen grapes, Ice Wine is normally normally with fruits and cookie biscuits. Take it from my experience, pair it with chocolate, and it clashes.  As you only need 2 oz of Ice Wine per tini, it is good to look at other ways to drink that awesome Ice Wine.

So, here we go:

Ingredients for two tinis:

30 Green Grapes pureed in a blender
4 oz Ice Wine
4 oz high quality vodka

Directions:

1) Although the recipe listed on the site called for the grapes to be strained, I kept them as pureed. I found that biting into the occasional grape skin or meat gave it a real pop.




This.....



Becomes this...


2) Place all ingredients in a shaker with ice and shake for 60 seconds
3) Strain into a VERY CHILLED tini glass.


EDIT (3/3/12): Whoopsie forgot to add this in! THIS MAKES TWO TINIS!! Bet I had you scared with all the alcohol, huh??
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment