Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Friday, June 29, 2012

Paula Deen's Cheeseburger Meatloaf



Every Father's Day, my husband gets to choose the menu from soup to nuts. Although I like to spoil him with cooking for him, in general, Father's Day, I go all out. I had made this meatloaf for him twice before and he has called it the best meatloaf I have made since we have been married. That has been almost 25 years..so I was pretty impressed by it.  Bonus, it is really quick to whip up and comes off as restaurant quality! This recipe is in Paula's Southern Cooking Bible. The pictures aren't as pretty as you would see in a Paula Deen book, but I think it gets the job done!

Second, Paula shows her typical ingenuity in using white bread as a base to soak up the fat from the loaf. The only thing I would do that she didn't mention is to spray the bread with non stick spray prior to placing the loaf on it. This time around I didn't do that and the loaf actually stuck to the bread a little bit.

In my humble opinion, mashed potatoes are a must with this. This just screams pur comfort food!

So, here we go!!

Ingredients:

Meatloaf:

2 lbs ground beef
2 t. Paula Deen's House Seasoning Revamped (see My Favorite Seaonings)
1 t. Seasoned Salt
1 medium yellow onion chopped
1 green pepper chopped
1 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
1 c. finely crushed Ritz Crackers
1 c. sour cream
1/4 c. Worcestershire sauce
8 slices white bread

Sauce:

1 can(10 3/4 oz) cream of mushroom soup
1 soup can milk
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions:

Meatloaf:

1) Place the first 9 ingredients in a bowl and mix well. I use my hands.

2) Prepare a cookie sheet by covering it with aluminum foil. Place bread on top of that. Shape the meat mixture into an 8x3 inch loaf.



3) Bake in a 325 degree oven for 45 min. to 1 hour. Remove and pull out bread slices. Allow to cool for several minutes and slice.

Isn't it purrty!!


Sauce:

1) Pour all ingredients into a pan and stir until well blended. That's all folks! How much simpler can it get!!

No comments:

Post a Comment