Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Margarita Watermelon

Looks like a plain piece of watermelon, BUT ITS' NOT!



Originally posted by Martha Stewart


When I saw this recipe on the blog of Recipe Girl, I thought it looked unusual enough that I knew that I wanted to at least give it a looksee. I thought it was ok. In my humble opinion, I would have done it in balls versus slices IF I were to make it again. I didn't think it had as much margarita taste as I was expecting out of it. On that note, I do think it is a fun and unusual party recipe. Something different than the usual vodka soaked watermelon which just bores me to tears.

VERY IMPORTANT SIDE NOTE....ALLOW THE SIMPLE SYRUP TO COOL DOWN PRIOR TO ADDING THE TEQUILA OTHERWISE YOU WILL "BOIL OUT" THE ALCOHOL....and what fun would that be!

So, here we go!

Ingredients:

1 inch-thick baby watermelon wedges (I got about 16 slices out of mine)
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup Blanco tequila
1/4 cup triple sec
3 limes, halved or cut into wedges
sea salt

Directions:

1) Place watermelon on cookie sheets or in large pans.

2) In a small sauce pan, combine water and sugar. Allow to cook until the sugar melts. Set aside and let it cool

3) Once cooled, add tequila and triple sec. Pour over watermelon.

4) Allow to soak in no less than 1 hour in a refrigerator.




5) I kept my watermelon in the "sauce". You can either pour off the sauce or keep it soaking! Serve with lime wedges and sea salt. VERY IMPORTANT...keep watermelon cold when serving!

No comments:

Post a Comment