Adapted: Taste of Home
Looking for something different than the traditional crumb coated mozzarella sticks? Egg roll wrappers, Baby! These were really, really different. They were really, really cool and chowed down at the Blackburn home. Now, they aren't something that we will eat all the time due to being fried, but I am always looking for different dishes for Chicago Bears sofa tailgating. These definitely fit the bill!
So, here we go:
12 pieces string cheese, unwrapped
12 egg roll wrapper
Oil for deep frying
1) Wrap a piece of string cheese as instructed:
- Place egg roll wrapper in a diamond shape on cutting board in front of you. (Keep other egg roll wrappers covered by a damp cloth)
- Place string cheese at the closest point to you and start rolling away from you.
- Once string cheese is half way up, fold in corners on left and right and finish rolling
- Wet final tip and seal on roll
3) Fry sticks a couple at a time for roughly 45 seconds each side and drain on paper towels. Serve with Marinara sauce.