Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Crock Pot Steak Sandwiches




Adapted: Allrecipes.com and Happiness in a Pot Blogspot

One of the recipes I have come across on Pinterest is this awesome Crock Pot Steak Sandwich which has a beer/beef a jus. This was so tasty that my family ate the whole thing in one day. The smells emulating from my house when I got home were unbelievable. Best thing...dinner was done!! Literally, after I sliced the meat, I pulled out onions I had caramelized that morning, butter, my Paula Deen's House Seasoning and Provolone cheese. I threw the sandwiches together and popped them into the oven just to melt the cheese and heat up the onion. Yummers. I think I had 15 minutes of prep left. That is nothing and the sandwiches were restaurant quality!

So, here we go...

Ingredients

4 lbs. Rump Roast
2 T. Montreal Steak Seasoning
1 (10 oz) can Beef Broth
1 (10 oz) can French Onion Soup
1 (12 oz) bottle or canned beer ( I used Leinie's Amber)
6 French Rolls
Butter
Paula Deen's House Seasoning
Caramelized Onions (recipe follows)

Directions:

1) Sprinkle roast with steak seasoning. Meanwhile spray a large frying pan with cooking spray and brown roast on all sides.


2) Place roast in a 6 qt crock pot and pour all liquids around it. Set on low for 10 hours and forget about it!



3) Meanwhile, if desired, slice 2 onions and melt an additional half stick of butter in a frying pan. Place onions in pan and cook until browned and translucent. Mine normally take about 10 to 15 minutes to accomplish this. Sprinkle with Paula Deen's House Seasoning and set aside to cool or refrigerate until ready to use.

4) When roast is ready, remove from crock pot and allow a few minutes to cool. In the meantime, spread French Rolls with butter and lightly sprinkle with PDHS. Slice roast as desired and layer onto sandwiches. Top with onions and cheese. Place in 350 degree oven for approximately 10 minutes to allow cheese to melt.




5) Serve with little bowls of that wonderful au jus and chips. Dinner is done!

No comments:

Post a Comment