Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Monday, March 19, 2012

Mediterranean Vegetables





I revert back to this vegetable side dish when I am looking for something really fresh to go with my meals. Except for the baby carrots, the prep work for this dish is so simple, I can whip it up in no time. The other thing that I love about this dish is that it uses no salt whatsoever..I am really trying to cut down on my family's salt consumption so dishes like this really help that.

So, here we go!:

Ingredients:

25 baby carrots,  halved lengthwise
3 zucchini, sliced
1 medium onion, chopped
1 green pepper sliced thin
25 grape tomatoes, halved
1 heaping tablespoon oregano
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 tablespoon olive oil

Directions:

1) Steam carrots until somewhat soft. Mine took about 20 minutes
2) Liberally spray a non-stick frying pan with cooking spray and place olive oil in pan. Allow to heat up.
3) Place all veggies in pan and saute.
4) Add oregano and lemon. Give a final stir.

Serves 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment