Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Caribbean Grilled Steak


Caribbean Steak with Grilled Lobster Tail and Crock Pot Potatoes


When I think Summer, I think grill and one of my favorite things is a good marinaded steak! I stumbled upon this recipe on Food.com quite by accident. This sounded so good that I actually held onto it for about 6 months for the warm weather to come because I knew this would be a killer steak. It held true to its' promise. This will be a staple for celebrating the Chicago Bears with sofa tailgating and entertaining friend, family and business associates!


I was dissatisfied with the original marinade amount so I doubled it, plus I used fresh sage vs. dried sage.

So, here we go!:

Ingredients:

2 ounces coconut flavored rum, such as Malibu
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
1/4 t. cinnamon
1 t. garlic powder
1 t. oregano
1 T. FRESH sage (or 1/2 t. dried sage)
1 t. white vinegar
2 T. fresh lemon juice
1 onion sliced
4 Strip steaks or 6 sirloin steaks

Directions:

1) Mix all marinade ingredients, minus steak, in a bowl.

2) Place steaks in a Ziploc bag and pour marinade in bag



3) Let marinade 4-6 hours

4) Grill over open flame for desired internal temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment