Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Margarita Grilled Chicken

Margarita Grilled Chicken with Mexican Rice

My favorite chain restaurant, hands down, is Bahama Breeze. I love EVERYTHING about that place. Food, atmosphere and drinks that just can't be beat. One of my favorite dishes of theirs is Margarita Grilled Chicken. Although, I go round with the dishes that I get there because they are all so good, frequently I will head back to this one. Again, I prefer using a thinner cut chicken breast with this. I have found it cooks in a more balanced manner.

Although the original recipe calls for honey, I switched the honey out for Agave nectar. Agave nectar is much more authentic to Mexican cooking and is much more softer than honey.

I saw many a recipe for this dish, but this recipe from Allrecipes.com is my all time favorite and comes closest to Bahama Breeze's version.

So, here we go!:

Ingredients:

2/3 cup chopped cilantro
1 T. Adobo seasoning
1/2 cup commercial margarita mix
1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
1 cup olive oil
2 T. Agave nectar (look for it in your grocer's natural foods section)
3 T. triple sec
3 T. blanco tequila
6 thin chicken breasts ( I use Purdue or cut the store breasts in half)


Directions:

1) Pour all marinade ingredients into a blender and mix until well blended.



2) Put chicken breasts and marinade into a Ziploc bag. Allow to marinade for no less than 5 hours.



3) Prepare grill and grill chicken for 10 minutes each side.

4) Serve with Mexican rice and corn on the cob. Frequently, I will make a Mexican salad to boot. Sheer heaven!!

No comments:

Post a Comment