Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Gnocchi Mozzarella Bake


Adapted: Lemons and Love

I stumbled upon this recipe while on Pinterest one day. I love baked spaghetti and I love gnocchi, so I knew I would die for this recipe. It was fantastic. I loved the low amount of meat in it. Actually, had I chosen to do so, I could have omitted the pepperoni in this recipe and it would have been just as good. My husband almost ate the entire pan by himself and leftovers didn't last long in the Blackburn house!

I did make a number of changes to the recipe, but think the outcome was saucier and with more of a tomato base than the original recipe.

So, here we go:

Ingredients:

2 Packages (15.75 oz) Gnocchi (Can be found either in the pasta section or frozen pasta section in your grocer)
1 tablespoon butter
1 T. Olive Oil 
1 onion, chopped

3 cloves garlic, chopped (or 1.5 t. jarred garlic)

1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

1/2 T. Paula Deen House Seasoning
1 jar (24 oz) Marinara sauce

1 15-ounce can petite diced tomatoes 

1 tablespoon Italian seasoning

3 cups shredded fresh mozzarella cheese

30 pepperoni slices


Directions:

1) Prepare Gnocchi according to package directions, minus 1 minute of cooking time, and drain.


2) In a large skillet, warm olive oil and butter until butter is melted. Add onions until translucent and then chopped garlic.
3) Add Marinara, diced tomatoes, red pepper flakes, PDHS, Italian seasoning. Let simmer for 15 minutes.

4) Pour sauce over gnocchi, stir and pour into 9x13 pan coated with nonstick spray.


5) Top with Pepperoni and Cheese.

Spread out the pepperoni to make sure everyone gets some!!

Then, top with shredded Mozzarella!

6) Bake in a 350 degree oven until cheese is melted. My dish took 20 minutes.








No comments:

Post a Comment