Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Winger's Restaurant Copycat Chicken Fingers (Recipe Review)

Adapted: Six Sisters
Link: http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2011/12/wingers-sticky-fingers-copycat-recipe.html


My family loves chicken strips. However, you can only have them "buffalo~ized" so many times, so when I came across this on the Sisters' website, I wanted to try it. I have been cooking alot lately and gearing up for March Madness and, as a good Irish Catholic girl, can't forget St. Patrick's Day, on The Pub and Grub Forum, with researching, so I wanted to go really light tonight in my cooking. These were perfect!

My opinion, the girls have struck again. These strips were sweet and spicy. The sauce thickened up nicely. The other thing that I liked about this recipe is that it halved very easily when I made the initial batch. Finally, all the strips went and I made 2 bags worth of strips!

So, here we go!:

1 pkg. frozen breaded chicken strips (We use Tyson brand)
6 TB. Frank's Hot Sauce (It has to be Franks Hot Sauce, no other sauce will taste as good)
4 TB. water
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
 
Directions:
 
1) Prepare the chicken strips as directed on the back of the package.
 
While the strips bake,

2) Heat hot sauce, water and brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, until sugar is dissolved.
 

3) Once the strips are done baking, place them in a large bowl and pour the sauce over them!!
 
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Thanks so much for making our recipe! So glad you liked it!

    xo,
    The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just saw this because I am making them for dinner tonight. The Sisters are all over the Pub and Grub! Thanks for stopping by. N.

      Delete