Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Grilled Steak Tacos

Served with Mexican Rice

With Pico de Gallo
My son and I have a favorite Mexican restaurant by us that serves some killer steak tacos. We can down these things like there is no tomorrow. As I was eating them one night, I told him that these really can't be that difficult to make, so I set off on a journey to come up with my own recipe. I can't believe how easy this recipe is to make and how cheap they are to make. Plus, I love the freshness of these things. I partner them with the Mexican rice side and normally corn on the cob or a Mexican salad.
It is very important to note that the meat is the easiest part of this dish. Do not cook it until the last couple of minutes to ensure you get the juiciest meat possible!!

So, here we go!:

Ingredients:

2 lbs Skirt Steak
Adobo Seasoning (See recipe under My Favorite Seasonings)
Mexican Beer
SOFT Corn Tortillas

Garnishments:

Pico de Gallo (See recipe this blog)
Cheese (cheddar or queso fresco)
Salsa Verde
chopped avocado
lime slices/juice

Directions:

1) Remove Skirt Steak from packaging and generously rub with Adobo seasoning.


2) Place in a disposable or glass 9x13 pan. Cover with Mexican beer and set aside for minimally 1 hour. I do up to 4 hours.



3) Prepare grill. Drain off liquid and grill steaks until rare.

4) Place on cutting board and chop into bite sized pieces.



5) Heat a frying pan which has been coated liberally with cooking spray. Place meat in hot pan and allow to "sear". Remove to serving dish. If necessary, but not advisable, place in warm oven.

6) In a small, heated frying pan, warm tortillas flipping once. Remove to warmed oven.



7) Top tortillas and favorite taco toppings!




No comments:

Post a Comment